11.02.2006

thinking thursday

well, seeing as how that all I've posted so far are some awesome recipes... I thought it was time that my blog and i shared a heart-to-heart...
i know that a number of you have been praying for me through this past spring and summer, and i really think that i am doing better... sometimes other times, i feel like i'm still in the midst of the emotions and hurt and pain... and then i just cry...
the biggest factor in healing is my Saviour... without him, i know i wouldn't have made it this far... HE's so AMAZING!!
i know as my family and friends that you all care about me, and don't get me wrong, i appreciate it SO much... but if you guys care so much... how much MORE does HE care? i mean think about it, HE makes sure the sparrows have enough to eat all through our manitoba winters... if HE can care about a bird... how much more does HE care for me... one HE made in HIS image...
Sometimes it's so hard for me to grasp this foreign concept that i'm made in HIS image... because for so long i pictured GOD as a taskmaster... waiting for me to screw up so HE could hit me with a lightning bolt... but... as i've been learning through my late teens, and now into adulthood... HE actually CARES!!
one testiment to this caring is this summer... i was staying up in the girls dorm, by myself (until you came Beth... and i loved having you there) being by myself often did not provide the escape from my emotions and hurts... so i cried myself to sleep most nights... but this one night as i was laying in my bed, crying, GOD spoke to me and said, "why don't you ask ME to comfort and hold you?"
i continued to lay there and cry... eventually i whispered my prayer, "Father, please hold me"
as i continued to cry i actually felt arms around me. i felt like HE had scooped me up like you would hold a baby to soothe them when they cry... that's how HE held me, and rocked me until i fell asleep...
GOD is so awesome... i love HIM so very much!

GOD bless each one of you! be encouraged... HE cares for you!!
Psalms 55:22 and 1 Peter 5:7 are God's written testiment to this!

love ya

6 comments:

kristen said...

that's beautiful katherine. it's so comforting to know that we have a loving heavenly father who cares SO much about us. and he wants us to let him in. let him in! i love you dear. and i'm talking to you right now... haha. love ya. see you later! probably tomorrow... hehe

Roo said...

you are so precious katherine.
thank you for sharing your heart.

i AM praying for you.
and i do believe so much in what God has put inside you.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Katherine, i'm so proud of you and how mature you have been about this whole situation. it's really awesome to see how God is working in your life and using you through this. i pray that He continues to bless you with comfort and understanding. love you lots.
lauren.

Andrea said...

That was really beautiful. :)

Crystal said...

i love you katherine! remember that time in the nursery? i don't even remember why we were there. i think it was the first time i met you. you probably don't remember this. but we ended up talking about our parents, divorce, hurts and such. that was a good time. i must have been 11 or 12. or 13. :)

Bethany Jade Speers said...

dont you just love those feelings. if only we would just surrender everything all the time, we could feel that all the time! God is soo gracious! yes! i love you kate;) xoxo