11.18.2006

Sweet and Scrumptious Saturday



Well, I'm off to an exciting Grey Cup party tomorrow... thanks to my College and Career group at church...

"What am I to bring to a football game party?" you may ask...
Well, I am making...

Chocolate Toffee Trifle

1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups milk
6 Crispy Crunch bars, frozen wrapped
2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Bake the cake in a 13 by 9-inch baking pan according to the package's directions. Pour pudding into a bowl and mix according to directions. Leave bars in wrappers and pound with a hammer to crush.

In a very large pretty Trifle dish or glass bowl, layer in this order:
1/2 the cake cubes
1/2 the pudding
1/2 the whipped cream
1/2 the C.C. bars

Repeat layers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

I am currently making this recipe as I type this, so I will post a picture as soon as it's all assembled...

God bless and enjoy!

5 comments:

jb said...

ok, i just tried leaving a comment then something wacky happened.. WHATever!!
anyhoo, i was saying that i've made a trifle very similar to yours. it has cherry pie filling in place of the toffee bits. sort of like a mock black forest cake. but yours sounds scrum-diddly-umptious. *mmm mmm good* =)

i hear the best way to a guy's heart is through his stomach... so i'm sure all the guys will be really happy you came.
*wink wink nudge nudge*

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm
sounds yummmmmmmmmY.

Anonymous said...

This looks absolutely amazing. I think I'm gonna make something today as well. Maybe I'll post pictures on my blog too.

kristen said...

mmm, that looks delectible! i wish i could've made it to the party... working may be fun but it definitely doesn't beat hanging out with friends and eating yummy yummy trifle! sorry i couldn't make it!

Anonymous said...

YUM! oh my goodness, make it stop!