11.13.2006

Sunny Sunday of a Wacky Weekend

Yes.. I do realize that it is already Monday... but I wanted to use this title...

This weekend was fun... I spent almost the ENTIRE weekend with Lauren... having tonnes of fun and making even more memories!!

But Sunday... that was an UNBELIEVEABLY amazing day...
It started with Lauren coming to church with me, followed by an awesome sermon.
Then around 3:00 I headed to my Grandma's house, my dad was there and we ate supper and then played MANY rounds of UNO... it was a great time.
I was really nervous about seeing my dad and grandma, but the whole way there (it was in Stony Mountain) I was just praying that it would be a good time and that God's hand of wisdom and guidance would be present in our conversation...
It was so awesome... then PJ and Stacy arrived a little later and we continued to play UNO among stories and jokes and much laughter... it was quite an enjoyable evening!
I left my Grandmother's around midnight and got home shortly before 1:00...
When I got home, there was a phone message from a dear friend of mine... We hadn't talked (phone or in person) since August... I miss her so much, but it was so good to talk on the phone with her for almost an hour and just share our hearts with each other. God has such an awesome plan and calling on her life, and I'm so glad to be one of her friends so that I can share in the enjoyment of the journey with her!!

Anyway... it was really good... and I'm still trying to recooperate on all the sleep that I lost this weekend... many late nights, and not much sleeping in...

God bless you all, I hope you all had a great weekend as well!

Xoxo

3 comments:

kristen said...

well, i had a great weekend too! i'm glad to hear yours was so great! and thanks for the post, dear. it's good to know that people will miss me and i won't just miss them! all in all, it will be a great experience, even though right now i'm just not terribly excited. i will be, yet. i will be.

Anonymous said...

weekend was good over here too.
i cannot remember what happenned as it seems like it was a life time ago....
can you believe it is already THURSDAY??!

yah! shalom to your heart katherine. you're loved.

jb said...

hey katherine,
i am here at your blog, and i like! =)

you are such a sweet person.
i have always wanted to tell you that i appreciate your positive attitude and your smile. you shine bright, girl!
i'm glad your weekend was wonderful, but i hope your week was wonderful as well.
bless you, my dear.