4.16.2007

Banana for Jesus.... Part 2


OK, well, I'm sure some of you are going to be reading this post and be like... "is that really a picture of a banana??" YES it is... and there is a REALLY good reason why it is included in this blog...
This past spring (May 2006) I went through a really horrible break up, my fiance of 6 months dumped me 5 months before our wedding date. So I was really torn up and upset. So I finished my school term and left to work at a Christian Family camp for the summer.
While I was at the camp, I was surrounded by awesome teaching, new and old friends, and TONNES AND TONNES OF PRAYER! I couldn't have asked for a better place to be to receive healing for my heart, and soul.
Anyway, the banana... how does this enter into this all...


Well, one morning during staff meeting, one of the ladies that was working there suggested that instead of having a formal staff meeting, we should just soak in the presence of God. I had done this previous times in my life, so I laid back in the couch I was sitting on and just opened up my heart to the Lord, and of course, I started to cry....

and cry,

and cry,

and cry,
then I stopped crying and He showed me a picture of a banana... and I thought to myself, "why is God showing me a banana?? It must not be God...." so I started to think to myself why I was thinking so intently on a banana... I wasn't hungry, I wasn't smelling bananas, I couldn't figure out why I was seeing this clear picture of banana...

So I prayed, and I asked God that if He was giving me this picture that He would clarify it to me.

and I waited

and waited

NOTHING

just nothing

I could feel God was in the room, but with this whole banana thing, NOTHING
so the staff meeting ended and I went to my kitchen and started baking... forgetting about the banana picture.

THE NEXT DAY...
again in staff meeting, we were having a time of prayer, and again, I started thinking about this banana...

so again, I asked God to clarify it for me.
and as I sat there waiting for an explanation, the picture changed, the banana was starting to be peeled...
So I said, " ok God, I'm thinking this whole banana thing is from You... so can You please explain it further..."

Then He said to my heart "You are the banana.... but the hard, bitter peel, that is NOT a part of you, I want to remove all the bitterness and hurt and hard shell from you, I want to reveal the sweet fruit that is inside of you."
I started laughing - out loud...
so, I'm a banana for Jesus...

I wouldn't want to be any other fruit for anybody else...

TONIGHT
I was driving home from the city with some friends, and I saw a Telus billboard, it said "Feel Like the Top Banana" haha

How perfect...

not only am I a banana, but I am the TOP banana... that's how JESUS sees ME!!


Be blessed.

4 comments:

Roo said...

oh
i love that! what an incredible picture!!! God has soooo much He longs to show us....
if we will just
wait
and listen
and let him in!

Thanksfor sharing this katherine!

Erin said...

What a great post, Katherine! I love it. Banana for Jesus...great!!! I feel like a banana these days, one with lots and lots of layers of peel that Jesus just keeps stripping away, and slowly but surely the goodness is starting to appear.

esther said...

our God really is a creative thinker...love how he's working!!!

Louise said...

Hey its me, it was nice meeting you today at the Co-op of all places...
Great post!! I love to hear stories like that where God reveals a bit of himself to someone, He loves us SO much He wants SO much for us and all we have to do is be open and listen!!
That was AWESOME....you go Banana Girl!!